Equipping and enabling independent and franchised grocers for sustainable success.
An Affiliate Membership is for any individual or business engaged in grocery related industry activities that do not otherwise qualify for retail or associate membership; i.e. media, consultant, etc.
Annual Fee Schedule
Affiliate membership is pro-rated to December 31.
$389.00 plus applicable taxes
Every year, seven scholarships totalling $18,000 are handed out to deserving students across Canada.
Winner invited to annual Independent Grocer
of the Year Gala in Toronto.
Six Regional Scholarships
1: high school (East region)
1: high school (West region)
1. Applicants must be Canadian residents studying in Canada.
2. Applicants must be enrolled or expected to enroll in a post-secondary program of at least 2 years.
3. All Graduating High School Students
4. College/University students must be enrolled in at least one more year of study as of Spring of
the current year.
5. Applicants must be working for a current CFIG member (retail, associate, affiliate) or be a family member of an employee of a current CFIG member.
6. Only complete applications containing full and accurate information will be considered.
7. Plagiarism is an infringement of copyright laws. All essays must be properly referenced.
Benefits to the CFIG member
1. A plaque for the Sponsor of each scholarship recipient.
2. Personalized assistance with any publicity opportunities.
3. Invitation to accept the National Scholarship sponsorship plaque the annual Toronto gala awards night.
Affiliate Membership Benefits
for purchasing a booth at either of our trade shows: GIC and/or GSFW
(2 free passes)to our two “must attend” trade shows and reduced rates
to our conferences; Grocery Innovations Canada (GIC)
and Grocery & Specialty Food Show West (GSFW).
on our website “Preferred Suppliers” section available to
CFIG members only
Discounted advertising rates
on cfig.ca and our newsletter “Express Checkout”
Regular industry communication
via our newsletters and mail outs
Opportunity to provide a brochure
to CFIG to have mailed out with all retail
membership renewals (1 page)
“If you are looking to start a business in the grocery sector in Canada or are looking to expand your existing business, CFIG offers the forum to make connections to do just that. As our company was looking to grow and service more Independent Grocers across Canada, CFIG was an invaluable resource to make that happen. It was through their trade shows, the board and retail members
that FMS Financial Management Systems LTD was able to make that happen. If the grocery industry is where you want to be, then CFIG is the place to be a member.“
— Robert Graybill, CEO FMS Financial Management Systems, LTD
“The main decision makers are here. There’s lots of existing customers. Federated is in the relationship building business, so with the returning customers we continue to nurture relationships and continue to seek out new customers and build new relationships with them. Which helps us grow our business and keeps us coming here.”
—Mauro DiTullio, Federated Insurance
“Our take away is that we are actually reaching the people that we need to, the decision makers, come to this show. That’s super important for us. We do restaurant shows as well. At Restaurant shows we get a lot of people that have no influence what-so-ever in the purchase of the decision making. With this show we found that virtually everyone we’ve spoken to are decision makers in their business. That makes a huge difference for us.”
— Dwayne Botcher, Rational Canada
© 2019 Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers