Equipping and enabling independent and franchised grocers for sustainable success.
An Associate Membership is for any firm supplying products or services to independent and franchised grocery retailers in Canada.
Annual Fee Schedule
Associate membership is pro-rated to December 31.
$995.00 plus applicable taxes
Associate Membership Benefits
Join Canada’s growing number of manufacturers, suppliers and service providers who support the unique interests of Canada’s Independent Grocer community by becoming a CFIG Associate Member today!
Government and Industry relations
ongoing and up-to-date information on issues
affecting the grocer industry, plus assistance in
explaining the impact on your business.
(6 free passes) to our two “must attend” trade shows and reduced rates
to our conferences; Grocery
Innovations Canada (GIC)
and Grocery & Specialty Food Show West (GSFW).
scholarship opportunities available to CFIG members.
increase your presence through events and retailer
in-store merchandising programs.
Your company website
will be linked with our CFIG website — www.cfig.ca
Preferred Exhibitor Rate
receive discounted exhibitor rates for being
an Associate Member.
Every year, seven scholarships totalling $18,000 are handed out to deserving students across Canada.
Winner invited to annual Independent Grocer
of the Year Gala in Toronto.
Six Regional Scholarships
1: high school (East region)
1: high school (West region)
1. Applicants must be Canadian residents studying in Canada.
2. Applicants must be enrolled or expected to enroll in a post-secondary program of at least 2 years.
3. All Graduating High School Students
4. College/University students must be enrolled in at least one more year of study as of Spring of
the current year.
5. Applicants must be working for a current CFIG member (retail, associate, affiliate) or be a family member of an employee of a current CFIG member.
6. Only complete applications containing full and accurate information will be considered.
7. Plagiarism is an infringement of copyright laws. All essays must be properly referenced.
“Never in the history of our industry has the important role of independent grocers been more valued or valuable than today. As we look towards the future, you can continue to count on Maple Leaf Foods as an unwavering supporter of independent grocers and the CFIG organization.”
– Michael H. McCain, Maple Leaf Foods
“Many manufacturers started off calling on independents. Our role is to make things better and to help independents thrive across the country for now,tomorrow and many years to come.”
– Darryl Rowe, Weston
Benefits to the CFIG member
1. A plaque for the Sponsor of each scholarship recipient.
2. Personalized assistance with any publicity opportunities.
3. Invitation to accept the National Scholarship sponsorship plaque the annual Toronto gala awards night.
Associate Members’ Council
Co-operation and communication between supplier and retailer have become increasingly important in grocery retail. CFIG’s Associate Members’ Council (AMC) has in turn become more integral to the direction of the federation as a whole. The Associate Members’ Council is a group of senior executives representing a variety of Canadian grocery product companies. The AMC meets quarterly, and provides professional guidance to the Board of Directors on industry news and trends.
© 2019 Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers