A crowd gathers outside the Whitby store.
Jeff York of Farm Boy welcomes guests to the grand opening.
The extensive HMR offering at the new store.
Ottawa – August 27, 2015 – Ontario-based Farm Boy 2012 Inc. (Farm Boy) celebrated the grand opening of its first fresh market location in Whitby, Ontario, on Thursday, August 27th.
Located at 360 Taunton Road East (Taunton Gardens) the new 28,000 square foot Farm Boy Whitby store brings more than 150 full and part-time jobs to the local community, and true to the Farm Boy roots, promises to deliver the very best, fresh, friendly and convenient, fresh-market shopping experience.
Customers were invited to share in a ribbon cutting ceremony at the store and the official grand opening celebration on Saturday, August 29, from 10am to 2pm for tasty samples, in store specials, Lulu the cow and face painting for the kids.
The new store is the 18th Farm Boy location and the third of four stores planned for opening in 2015 – with the Kitchener store to open later this year. The Whitby location is the company’s first fresh market store in the Greater Toronto Area. “With us, it’s all about the food-offering the freshest, high quality food along with the best customer experience,” said Jeff York, CEO of Farm Boy. “We’re very excited to open Farm Boy’s doors to the Whitby community. We promise to work hard to earn their business and we hope they will enjoy all of the fresh Farm Boy features this store has to offer.”
Highlights of the Whitby store include:
• Abundant, high quality fresh produce; with organic and local in season.
• Hundreds of Ontario-made products including organic, natural and gluten free items.
• Featuring local products from Empire Cheese and Butter Co-op, Buster Rhinos Southern BBQ Sauce, Geissberger Farmhouse
Cider and Black River Juice Company.
• Premium AAA Alberta Beef, marbled and aged a minimum of 14 days.
• Fieldgate, hormone free, fresh organic beef, pork and chicken and eco-friendly, sustainable fresh seafood.
• 300 Local farmstead, artisan, international and Canadian award-winning cheeses.
• 150 fresh deli meats cut to order with premium roasts, slowly roasted in the Farm Boy Kitchen without preservatives.
• 500 fresh Ontario dairy products including Ontario organic milk delivered fresh.
• 63 fresh “scoop your own” bulk nuts, grains and sweet treats; 22 organic.
• A 50 foot wholesome and healthy fresh salad and hot bar, with fresh sushi and pizza made to order.
• 15 varieties of fresh soups, all made from scratch and served hot or ready to take home.
• A bright, relaxing in-store eating area with free Wi-Fi.
© 2022 Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers